To Our Friends and Sponsors
The women of Crossroads are extremely grateful to all who support Crossroads through their donations and assistance. Crossroads receives less than one-half of its operating funds from public funding. We need our sponsors and friends to sustain, enhance and grow our programs. We cannot exist without you!
- Donate Now
- Dollar$ Clubs
- Legacy Clubs
- Grant a Wish
- Be a Volunteer
- Attend Annual Fundraising Events
Success is measured in increments. Now your donation can be made in increments, all year long. Join a Dollar$ Club at the $5, $10, $15 or $20 Level. You may use the secure PayPal subscription button below or call 619.296.1151 or e-mail [email protected] for more information or to set up regular donations at higher levels. Thank you for your support.
In the winter of 2000, a ray of warmth and sunshine was felt at Crossroads. A woman who believed in the services provided by Crossroads left an endowment to the Crossroads Foundation. To this day, this endowment generates a gift to Crossroads each year. Her legacy of generosity lives on. In honor of this special woman, Crossroads has established the Legacy Club.
Did Crossroads help you or someone you know? Do you believe in the work that Crossroads is doing? Then we invite you to leave a legacy to Crossroads. Donors to the Legacy Club make charitable bequests, grants and trusts that can benefit both the donor and the Crossroads Foundation. Club members are recognized at our annual Hot Pasta & Cool Jazz fundraising event and will receive a memento commemorating their contribution.
Here’s how you can help! Click on the topics below for more information. The information on this website, including but not limited to reports, newsletters, articles, and opinions, is provided for educational and informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal, accounting, or tax advice and should not be relied on in that respect. You should consult with your attorney, accountant, and/or financial advisor to answer any legal, financial, or tax questions.
- Charitable Bequest
- Gift of Life Insurance
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Pooled Income Fund
- Charitable Lead Trust
A charitable bequest is leaving a gift to the Crossroads Foundation in your will or living trust. This gift can be any type of asset such as cash, stocks, bonds, real estate, artwork, etc. It can be for a specific amount or a percentage of the estate. There is no minimum contribution – any amount is acceptable.
- It is simple and inexpensive.
- It is revocable and therefore, can be changed or amended at any time during your life.
- It may qualify for charitable estate tax deduction.
Gift of Life Insurance
You can name The Crossroads Foundation as beneficiary or partial beneficiary on an existing life insurance policy, or… Assign the Crossroads Foundation as the owner of a policy that is paid in full, partially paid, or no longer needed.
- If the Crossroads Foundation is the beneficiary, this may qualify for the charitable estate tax deduction.
- If the Crossroads Foundation is named as a policy owner and beneficiary, it is the value of the gift that qualifies for a charitable contribution income tax deduction.
Charitable Remainder Trust
A donor irrevocably transfers assets into a trust. Income is paid to the donor for life and/or other beneficiary for a term of years. The Crossroads Foundation receives the remainder of the assets upon termination of the trust.
- Income tax deductions are permitted for the present value of the gift.
- The deductions can be carried forward for five additional years.
* If the trust is funded with appreciated assets, the gift value is based on the full market value, and no capital gains tax is triggered for the donor when the asset is sold in the trust.
Pooled Income Funds
A donor irrevocably transfers assets into Pooled Income Funds (PIF) where they are co-mingled and invested with other PIF assets. Income is paid to the donor and potentially other beneficiaries for his/her life or a term of years. The Crossroads Foundation receives assets upon the death of the donor.
- An income tax deduction can be taken for the present value of the calculated gift to the Crossroads Foundation.
- Deductions can be carried forward for five additional years.
* If the trust is funded with appreciated assets, the gift value is based upon full market value, and no capital gains tax is triggered for the donor when the asset is sold in the trust.
Charitable Lead Trust
A donor irrevocably transfers assets into a trust. While the trust is in existence, the Crossroads Foundation receives income at an agreed upon rate. The donor estate or other beneficiaries receive the remainder of the assets upon termination of trust.
- The donor receives an income tax deduction for present value of the gift to the Crossroads Foundation.
- It can be used to make intra-family transfers at substantial gift/estate tax deductions.