Summary of Major Responsibilities: The Residential Overnight Counselor reports directly to the Assistant Director. He/She is primarily responsible to conduct oversight overnight and support residents in their recovery.
- Support and implement the overall purpose, philosophy, values, code of ethics, and direction of Crossroads Foundation.
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Residential Overnight Counselor duties include:
- Be aware of all residents during the overnight shift.
- Work closely as needed with the Residential Overnight Staff with the supervision of program and residents.•Assist counselors with duties assigned such as filing resident paperwork, file reviews of resident files, etc.
- Meet with all residents as needed for support.
- Assist staff when crisis management as needed.
- Monitor resident progress in the program.•Maintain resident confidentially in compliance with CFR 42, Part 2.
- Assist Overnight SUD Counselor with the supervision of program and residents.•Adherence to Crossroads Foundation dress code, vacation scheduling, and timely data collection.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in training and provision of up-to-date documentation of education and training to include requirements in public health (AIDS, TB, etc.), cultural competency, emergency preparedness (first aid, CPR, etc.).
Qualifications and Experience
Must be registered or certified with either CADTP, CCAPP, or CAADE. Must be knowledgeable of the Crossroad Foundation policies and procedures regarding confidentiality and safety of residents. Employee should have experience and knowledge of the short-term residential program. Education can be exchanged for experience on a year-to-year basis. Employee must be flexible and timely. A copy of a valid California driver’s license or identification will be placed in the personnel file. When a hired employee must be willing to keep current in public health, emergency services, and other required certification training. Must submit and pass a criminal background clearance. Salary compensation commensurate with experience,